Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving thanks

I am sitting here with a full stomach at a laptop in a warm house. Two kids and a great wife fill my life with joy and wonder (ok sometimes stress as well). I know there are more than a few who aren't as fortunate.
Why does it take a holiday season to make me realize this? Sometimes the petty things get in the way and cloud what is really important in life. We get going in our daily life and the routine and we do lose sight of the worthwhile things.
So it does take holidays to make us stop and think sometimes. The trick in life is to think about these important things more often. Put them in the forefront of our lives and guide our decision making. Guide our lives and decisions with this knowledge and focus.
So it is true, I have a great many things to be thankful for in my life. I hope I don't lose focus of that after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog